- Category: Thailand
Availability: In stock
This album presents live field recordings made in Thailand in 1973 by ethnomusicologist Deben Bhattacharya. The 20-page booklet supplies historical backgrounds and extensive information about the music and the authentic instruments used plus beautiful colour photographs. This is a valuable cultural document and a rare collectors' item!
- Ramakien (Dance-Drama) - 7:08
- Morning Prayer in the Buddhist Temple Wat Pra-Ri-Nie-Yok - 6:18
- Funeral Music - 11:45
- Meo Tribal Dance - 3:07
- War Drums - 3:13
- Drum Dance - 10:01
- Khaen Solo - 4:28
- Mo-Lam (Love Song) - 2:30
- Loy Krathong (Festival Song) - 3:07
- Pleng Suan Krua (Planting Song for Children) - 2:48
- Sho-Khan Lai Yao (Traditional Melody for Khaen) - 2:23
- Mang-Tub-Tao (Traditional Melody for Phin) - 2:35.